Java jsp tutorial: Beginners or Professionals who are facing some problems with servlet technology can check out this BTech Geeks Java JSP Tutorial. JSP stands for JavaServer Pages which is utilized for developing dynamic web-based applications thus it is an advanced technology over servlet. So, you can get perfect solutions for your problems with servlets in Java Programming.
In this tutorial of Java Server Pages, you can gain complete knowledge about JSP like what does JSP mean? Topics covered in Java Jsp Guide, Servlet Vs JSP, A few important JSP Interview Questions, and a lot more.
- JSP Full Form in Java
- List of Topics Covered in Java JSP Tutorial
- Advantages of JSP over Servlet
- Creating a Simple Page of JSP Example
- JSP Vs Servlet
- Working of JSP Page
- Top 10 Java JSP Interview Questions List
Jsp full form: In Java, the full form of JSP is Java Server Pages. It is a server-side programming technology similar to servlet technology. It is mainly used for creating a web-based application dynamically. JavaServer Pages is an extension to the servlet in java as it offers more functionality to coders compare to the Servlet. The advanced technology provided by the Java JSP is like expression language, JSTL, Custom Tags, etc.
Jsp stands for: Here is the list of most commonly used JSP Topics links that are helpful for beginners to learn and understand the technology in an excellent way. This section will teach you completely about the JSP technology in Java. So that, you can develop perfect coding in JSP with ease.
- Introduction to JSP
- Life Cycle of a JSP Page
- JSP Scripting Elements with Example
- JSP Implicit Objects: 9 Implicit Objects in JSP
- JSP Directives: Page, Include & Taglib Directive
- Exception Handling in JSP
- JSP Expression Language (EL)
- JSP Action Tags – jsp useBean, jsp include, jsp forward
- MVC Architecture in JSP with Example
- JSP Standard Tag Library Tutorial (JSTL), JSTL Tags
- Custom Tags in JSP with Example
Online jsp tutorial: On a JSP page, you will find HTML Tags and JSP Tags which are used for designing and developing web pages. Maintaining the JSP pages is quite easier than Servlet because of the advanced technology utilized for development and designing. Also, it offers extra advantages over servlet which are listed below:
- Extension to Servlet
- Easy Maintenance
- Less code than servlet
- Fast Development: No need to recompile and redeploy
jsp tutorial: For creating the jsp page, we have to write some HTML code related to the logic that required. And it should be saved with the .jsp extension. Let’s see how to create a jsp page from the below illustration and start practicing with other java codes on the JSP Page.
<html> <body> <% out.print(2*5); %> </body> </html>
The above HTML code is saved as an index.jsp file and to run this JSP Page, we’ll paste the folder in the web-apps directory in apache tomcat.
Check Related Java Tutorials:
Let’s see the comparison between the JSP and Servlet. One of the major differences between them is that JSP includes java code inside the HTML code while servlet includes HTML code inside the java program. Some of the other notable points about servlets and JSP are listed below:
- With the help of JSP tags, it embeds java in HTML code whereas servlets support the HTML tags as it embeds HTML code in Java.
- JSP is used to develop the presentation layer of an enterprise application while servlet in java used to design and develop the business layer of an enterprise application.
- Generally, JavaServer Pages utilized to design websites by web developers. Servlets are created and maintained by Java developers.
The following steps will help you to know how JSP page works in Java:
- A request arrives for the JSP page.
- Web container renders the JSP page into a servlet.
- Compile the auto-generated servlet class.
- _JspService()method is described.
- It will generate Dynamic content.
- Later, send dynamically generated content as a response to the client.
Candidates who are interested in the software jobs like Java developers should have an idea of basic & most commonly asked interview questions of JSP. JSP or Java Server Pages is a Java technology utilized to provide a dynamic view. A list of Top 10 JSP Interview Questions are given below for a quick reference:
- What are the implicit objects in JSP?
- What are the JSP lifecycle phases?
- How to handle exceptions in JSP?
- What is the need for a tag library?
- What is a scriptlet in JSP?
- How to disable sessions in JSP?
- What is JSP Expression Language?
- Explain JSP Action Tags?
- What is the difference between include directive and jsp:include action?
- How to extend the java class in jsp?