Utilisation of electrical energy by Bakshi: Electrical energy has become a significant part of everyone’s life; it has become impossible to survive without making the use of electrical energy. Every product that humans are dependent on are connected to electrical energy directly or indirectly. Without electrical energy, human beings will become incapable of performing some of the major tasks of their life. Different activities that are performed by human beings such as travelling, cooking, washing, communication, etc., are directly or indirectly dependent on electrical energy. So, it is very important to learn how to utilise the electrical energy in day-to-day working life.
Generally, students who are in the field of electrical engineering are supposed to learn the ways of utilising the electrical energy which is why a subject “utilisation of Electrical Energy” is added to the curriculum of electrical engineering students. The students gain detailed knowledge on this particular process of utilisation and apply it to different companies where they are hired. One of the recommended books for this subject is the utilisation of electrical energy by Bakshi.
Utilisation of electrical energy is important because it secures the future of the next generation. Because if we continue using electrical engineering carelessly, then a time may come when there will be no electrical energy available for human beings, just imagine the difficulties of living in a world without electrical energy. Hence, the subject utilisation of electrical energy is very much important in today’s world.
- About Electrical Energy
- Utilisation of electrical energy Pdf
- Utilisation of electrical energy reference books
- Utilisation of electrical energy curriculum
- Utilisation of electrical energy important questions
- Frequently asked questions
About Electrical Energy
Electrical energy is the energy that is derived from electric potential energy or kinetic energy. If it is used loosely, then electrical energy is referred to as the energy that has been converted from electric potential energy. The energy generated is supplied by the combination of electric current and electric potential which is meant to be delivered by an electrical circuit that is provided by an electric power utility.
Electrical energy remains electric potential energy till it is transferred to the end-use, once it is converted from potential energy, then electrical energy can be termed as different types of energy such as heat, light, motion, etc. The unit of electrical energy is Kilowatt-hour, which is derived from the product of power in kilowatts and time in hours.
The usage of electrical energy has increased over the years, and it has become essential to utilise it in a proper way. The energy should be utilized without any wastages for making the usage efficient. Adequate utilisation of electrical energy can guarantee a better and secure future for the next generation. The next generation will not face any shortages if the utilisation of energy is done in an efficient way in the present day. Which is why gaining ample knowledge from the utilisation of electrical energy chapter is essential.
Utilisation of Electrical Energy Pdf
Engineering students, in most cases, find this subject complicated and find it difficult to understand the concepts of the subject. This complication can be a huge barrier for the students in scoring good marks in the exams. The best way to overcome this barrier is to download the utilisation of electrical energy by Bakshi pdf notes. This notes can be a great help for the students. The concepts of electrical energy are explained in a detailed manner in these notes, which will give the students an appropriate amount of knowledge on electrical energy.
From these notes, the students will also learn the proper ways of utilising electrical energy. The knowledge gained through these notes will make their exams preparations efficient and better. They will be confident of their learning which will make them capable of scoring good marks in the exams.
The notes also include practice questions for the students. These questions have chances of coming in the exams, thus making the preparation of the student strong. This practise questions will give the students a preview of the pattern of questions that they are going to face during the exams.
Few important notes on the utilisation of electrical energy are:-
- Utilisation of electrical energy question bank with answers PDF
- Utilisation of electrical energy handwritten notes PDFs
- Utilisation of electrical energy program question papers PDFs
- Utilisation of electrical energy semester notes PDFs.
- Utilisation of electrical energy PPT
Utilisation of Electrical Energy Reference Books
Scoring good marks is impossible without good books. Books act as supporters in preparation for exams. Similarly, in the utilisation of electrical energy, subject books play an important role. Books in this subject give a detailed overview of every concept and aspects that are involved in and are related to the subject utilisation of electrical energy.
Utilisation of electrical energy by Bakshi is one of the important books for this subject, and it helps the students in many ways by clearing their doubts and providing them with some practice questions. But referring one book for final exams is not enough as all the information regarding a subject is not available in one book. For getting more and more information regarding a particular subject, a student needs to refer more than one book.
Referring to more than one book can be helpful in every way. The students can gain a bundle of knowledge regarding the particular subject by referring to different books. This ample amount of knowledge will make the students confident of securing the highest possible marks in the exams.
Some other books that are recommended for the subject utilisation of Electrical Energy are:-
- Utilisation of Electric Power and Electric Traction written by J.B Gupta
- Generation Distribution and utilisation of Electrical Energy Written by C.L. Wadhwa
- Utilisation of Electric Energy: Including Electric Drives and Electric Traction Written by Tarlok Singh
- Generation and utilisation of Electrical Energy Written by Sivanagaraju, M Balasuba Reddy, D. Srilatha
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy Written by S.M. Chaudhari
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy Written by M.A. Chaudhari and S.M. Chaudhari
- The utilisation of Electric Power Written by Er. E.K. Rajput
- Art and Science of Utilisation of Electrical Energy Written by H. Partab
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy Written by Sandeep M. Chaudhari
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy and Electric Traction Written by S K Sahdev
Utilisation of Electrical Energy Curriculum
ELECTRIC HEATING & WELDING
ELECTRIC TRACTION – I
ELECTRIC TRACTION – II
ECONOMIC ASPECTS OF UTILISING ELECTRICAL ENERGY
Utilisation of Electrical Energy Important Questions
Students should have a little knowledge of the type of questions they are going to face in the final exams so that they will not get confused at the time of exams. Students can avoid this by practising questions that are likely to come in the exams.
Here’s a list of some questions which can probably come in the exams:-
- What do you mean by illumination?
- State the laws of illumination.
- Show the calculation of MHCP and MSCP in a detailed manner.
- What are the different types of lamps?
- What are the requirements for a good lighting scheme?
- What are the types of illumination?
- What is street lightning?
- What is factory lightning?
- State the methods of electric heating.
- Discuss the types of electric welding.
- What are the defects found in welding?
- State faraday’s law.
- A short brief on electrolysis.
- State the comparison between AC and DC traction.
- What are the special features of traction motors?
- What are the characteristics of locomotives?
- Define AC equipment and DC equipment.
- State the calculation of Tractive effort.
- What are auxiliary equipment and overhead equipment?
- What are the effects of varying acceleration and braking retardation?
- What are the uses of exhaust steam?
- What is the capitalisation of losses?
- State the initial cost and efficiency of public supply.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do you mean by illumination?
Answer: Illumination can be defined as the deliberate use of light in order to achieve practical or aesthetic effects. Illumination includes both the use of artificial light as well as natural light. Artificial light such as a lamp, fluorescent bulbs, LED, etc. and natural light such as sunlight. Using natural light in place of artificial light is beneficial as it saves a lot of energy. Many buildings are using natural light to lit up their buildings in the daytime in order to consume less energy. Proper illumination can improve the appearance of a particular place and can also have positive psychological effects on people staying at that place.
2. What are the different types of lamps?
Answer: The different types of lamps are:-
- Ballast – A ballast is considered as a piece of auxiliary equipment that is designed to start and control the power flow to discharge some sources of light such as fluorescent and high-intensity discharge lamps. They also provide thermal protection.
- Fluorescent Light – It is a tube that is coated with a phosphor which has low-pressure mercury vapour which is used for producing white light.
- Halogen – These are incandescent lamps which contain halogen gases such as iodine and bromine which increase their efficacy.
- Neon – It is a low-pressure gas that is contained within a glass tube, and the colour that is emitted from the tube depends on the type of gas.
3. What is power utilisation?
Answer – Utilisation can be considered as the end-result of the generation, transmission and distribution of electric power. The energy that is carried by the transmission and distribution processes is used in some important work; this is known as the utilisation of energy or power. Proper utilisation of power is very necessary in order to secure the future of the next generation so that they will face no shortages.
4. How is electrical energy important?
Answer – Electrical energy is important because it is the most versatile and easily controlled form of energy. It does not cause many losses, and the most important thing is that electrical energy does not cause pollution. Electrical energy can be produced using renewable sources which is a great advantage.
The utilisation of electrical energy by Bakshi acts as a saviour for the students in the road to achieving success in the exams. This book will help students to get a detailed view of the subject and also in strengthening their core knowledge in this subject. Students can achieve expertise in this subject and secure the highest possible marks in the exams by following these notes. The questions included in these notes have maximum possible chances of coming in the exam, thus making the preparation easy for the students.