Telecommunication Switching Systems and Networks Lecture Notes: Students and aspirants pursuing the B.Tech courses must utilize the Telecommunication Switching Systems and Networks Lecture notes provided in this article to gain a better understanding of the subject and secure excellent grades in the fifth semester B.Tech examinations.
The notes are completely realisable and have been formulated by credible experts and professionals to enhance the accuracy of the answers provided to students so that they can build strong conceptual foundations in the field of telecommunication for both examinations and better future prospects.
The notes have been designed in a way so that they are in accordance with the latest versions of the B. Tech fifth semester and include reference books as well as a list of important questions along with the content of the main notes so that students can properly assess their preparation and revision due exam period and increase their efficiency.
The following provides the main sources of information and study material included in this article.
- Introduction to Telecommunication Switching Systems and Networks
- Telecommunication Switching Systems and Networks PDF
- Reference books for Telecommunication switching systems and networks
- Updated syllabus for Telecommunication switching systems and networks
- List of important questions on Telecommunication switching systems and networks
- Frequently asked questions on Telecommunication switching systems and networks
The world has gone through numerous progressions since the evolution of man. For example, the trading of data was at first as signs and sounds. This progressed to the language and content structure with innovative inventions. Men used to head out significant distances to pass on messages. The headway of communication procedures in today’s world, however, has sped up with which the exchange of data happens. This improvement has not been a simple cycle. At the beginning of the innovation of communication frameworks, the creation and use of communication were the main ones. The manner in which the phone frameworks advanced from a fundamental framework into a basic gadget of today with a multiplicity of functions, leaves everyone amazed realizing the developments made out of the small assets accessible back then.
Telecommunications emphasize the exchange of data, from one entity at one spot to another at somewhere else, with the data being in the form of information, voice, or image. The highlight point association for building up communication requires the phone sets to be connected utilizing wires. On the off chance that the number of phone sets or subscribers present is low, the kind of connection will be somewhat unpredictable. Nonetheless, if this number is high or moderate, at that point the connection will prompt a wreck.
This organization of connection can’t be just made with phone sets and bundles of wires, and therefore, a decent framework is needed to represent the making or breaking of a connection. This framework is known as the Switching System or the Switching Office or the Exchange. Through such systems, the subscribers as opposed to getting connected straightforwardly to each other, are associated with a switching system and afterward to the necessary person.
The Telecommunication switching systems and networks notes are designed in a lucid and simple language towards easy comprehension of students so that they completely understand the basic jargon and terminologies used under the various concepts and topics. In addition to this, the notes include diagrams and step by step explanations for all of the concepts to make students utilize their maximum potential while attempting the B. Tech 5th semester examinations.
Students can adhere to these notes to understand the practicality as well as the theoretical knowledge of this subject and subsequently enhance their problem-solving skills leading towards effective and efficient performance.
Following provides the various formats in which students may download the study material regarding Telecommunication Switching systems through this article.
- Telecommunication Switching Systems and networks question bank with answers PDF.
- Telecommunication Switching Systems and networks handwritten notes PDF.
- Telecommunication switching systems and networks lecture notes PDF.
- Telecommunication switching systems and networks semester 5 B. Tech notes PDF.
- Telecommunication switching systems and networks previous year question papers PDF.
- Telecommunication switching systems and networks PPT.
Books are excellent sources of gaining conceptual knowledge about a subject. There are several books available in the market today providing an abundance of rich sources of information regarding Telecommunication switching systems and networks that are up to date and provide an extensive and thorough explanation of the concepts.
Students may choose amongst the following reference books that have been recommended by some of the leading experts and professionals in the field of telecommunications in accordance with their needs.
- Telecommunication Switching Systems And Networks, written by Thiagarajan Viswanathan and Manav Bhatnagar.
- Telecommunication Switching, Traffic, and Networks, 1e, authored by J.E. FLOOD.
- Journal of Telecommunication, Switching Systems and Networks (JoTSSN), published by Consortium eLearning network.
- Telecommunication Switching and Networks 2nd Edition, written by P. Gnanasivam
- Line Communication Systems: Telecommunication Switching Approach, written by Apurba Das
- Telecommunication Networks and Management [Print Replica] Kindle Edition, written by Dr. PW Wani and C. Jaiswal
- Telecommunication Switching Systems, written by Sapna Katiyar
- Digital Switching Systems, written by Syed R. Ali.
- Telecommunication Switching System, written by Anindya Ghosh and Subhajeet Chatterjee.
- Telecommunication Networks, written by Eugenio Lannone
Students can adhere to the updated curriculum provided here to properly plan and organise different chapters and units for easy preparation for examinations. This helps students and aspirants in productively allotting time and effort to each topic and make the best out of their time.
The updated syllabus for Telecommunication Switching Systems and networks contains five units including a plethora of knowledge referring to the subject.
The updated curriculum for Telecommunication switching systems and networks is as follows.
Electronic Space Division Switching:
|UNIT-II: Time Division Switching||Time Division Switching:
|UNIT-III: Data Networks||Data networks:
|UNIT-IV: Telephone Networks||
|UNIT-V: Integrated services digital networks||
It is extremely important that students adhere to the question pattern that is supposed to appear in the B. Tech 5th semester examinations so that they answer questions with speed and relative ease.
The following refers to a list of some of the most important questions regarding telecommunication switching systems and networks that students may practice to increase their confidence as well as problem-solving skill to develop a concise and complete understanding of the subject.
- In a highly-populated area, which kind of network would best support the interconnection of computers?
- What are the various switching mechanisms?
- Compare the different switching mechanisms with each other.
- Briefly explain the similarity between Manual and electronic switching.
- Explain with a diagram, the working of a stronger system with the help of 1000 line exchange.
- Explain with diagram, a director exchange and briefly examine the terms register, translator, and sender.
- Explain in detail, the term differential encoding.
- What is meant by FDM modulation?
- What do you understand about SONET systems? Explain their working operation and administration.
- What is meant by multiplexing and path finding?
- Briefly explain the different types of time-division switching and multiple stage switching.
- How does a digital memory switch work?
- Define doppler switch.
- Compare and analyze VDSL and ADSL.
- What are the features of the ISDN B channel? Also, explain the ISDN D channel and it’s various features.
- What do you understand by traffic intensity?
- Explain loss system.
- How does blocking probability affect network traffic?
Explain Crossbar switching systems.
Crossbar switching systems include hard-wired control subsystems that use transfers and locks. These subsystems have restricted ability and it is essentially difficult to change them to give extra functionalities.
Define a multi-exchange network.
At the point when a subscriber having a place with a specific network must be reached, various ways can assist you with reaching the specific trade; additionally, there are many exchanges present in the course. In a Multi-trade organization, the courses used to build up the connection with a specific supporter contrasts every once in a while. In the Strowger trade following the Multi-exchange network, the endorser must be more worried about the routing. An endorser ought to have the subtleties of the apparent multitude of quantities of exchanges present in the course. There may emerge circumstances where a subscriber might be needed to set up a connection on different routes and this gets bulky on occasion.
What are the different characteristics of fibre optic networks?
Following are the main features of fibre optic networks:-
- Fast operation (ordinarily 100 Mbps or more)
- Capacity to traverse huge distances (100—200 km)
- Capacity to help a moderate number of stations;
Regularly 10 to two or three hundred stations are upheld with a most extreme breaking point around 1000. These qualities make the fibre optic networks appropriate for rapid LASs and MANs with a set number of stations.
Are the Telecommunication switching systems and networks notes credible and reliable?
The Telecommunication switching systems and network notes have been formulated and designed by some of the leading experts and professors of the subject matter. They have included multiple reliable sources and reference books in these notes so that students do not have to worry about its accuracy and credibility.
All of the above mentioned notes for Telecommunication switching systems and networks are the best source for studying the subject and easily understanding the various topics and concepts that are included in this subject. Students can refer to and utilize these notes to equip themselves with complete knowledge regarding this subject matter and perform well in the B.Tech fifth semester examinations.