SQL server interview questions 2021: Are you wondering how appeared freshers and experienced candidates can find the List of SQL Server Interview Questions for Freshers & Expert Developers? You can stick to this tutorial as we are giving the best collection of interview questions and answers on SQL Server. It helps freshers and experienced developers to brush up their SQL Skills, improve Database Connectivity concept knowledge, and gain more confidence to appear for any type of company job.
In this tutorial, you will find the list of Frequently Asked SQL Server Interview Questions And Answers to prepare efficiently for your Upcoming Interviews. We will be covering all concept-wise SQL Server Interview Questions that are asked commonly in previous interviews. These questions and answers on the SQL database will make you familiar with the type of questions asked by the interviewer during a job interview.
Best SQL Server Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and Experience Candidates
Frequently asked sql interview questions: SQL Server is the major Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) for execution functions of retrieving and storing data. Here is a list of the most commonly asked Interview Questions on SQL Server and their Answers with detailed explanations and SQL query examples for better practice and effective learnings for all types of interviews:
- Database Concepts
- Dot NET Integration
- ADO Dot NET
- Notification Services
- Service Broker
- XML Integration
- Data Warehousing/Data Mining
- Integration Services/DTS
- Reporting Services
- Database Optimization
- Transaction and Locks
The above list of interview questions covers almost all important areas of the SQL Server. Not only do these SQL Server Interview Questions for Freshers help in dealing with the basic and advanced levels of the interview but also increases the subject knowledge.
Top 10 SQL Server Interview Questions for Freshers with Answers
- Difference between MySQL and SQL?
- What are the types of attributes?
- What is a DBMS?
- What is a prime attribute?
- What is the difference between a UNION and a JOIN?
- Write a Query to display city names belongs to AP?
- Write a Query to display donor details whose blood group is A +ve?
- Write a Query to display employee details?
- Write a query to display the course name belongs to the ECE department?
- Write a SQL Query to find the first Week Day of the month?
Commonly Asked Beginners Interview Questions on SQL Server 2021
- What is SQL?
- What are tables in SQL?
- What are the different types of statements supported by SQL?
- What is normalization? Explain different levels of normalization?
- How do we use the DISTINCT statement? What is its use?
- What are user-defined data types and when you should go for them?
- What are the different Clauses used in SQL?
- MySQL vs SQL: Difference in SERVER Performance?
- What is the difference between the Primary key and the Unique key?
- What is a transaction and what are ACID properties?
Basic & Tricky SQL Server Query Interview Questions for Freshers
- Fetch all employees from EmployeeDetails who have a salary record in EmployeeSalary.
- Fetch employee names and salary even if the salary value is not present for the employee.
- SQL query to fetch all the Employees from EmployeeDetails who joined in the Year 2020.
- SQL query to fetch all the employees who are not working on any project.
- SQL Query to fetch records that are present in one table but not in another table.
- Write a query to find the 3rd highest salary from a table without top or limit keyword.
- Write an SQL query to fetch all the Employees who are also managers.
- Write an SQL query to fetch duplicate records from EmployeeDetails.
- Write an SQL query to fetch only odd rows from the table.
- Write an SQL query to fetch project-wise count of employees.
Common SQL Server DBA Interview Questions for Freshers
- What is DCL?
- What is DBCC?
- What is Replication?
- What types of replication are supported in SQL Server?
- How do you troubleshoot a performance issue on your SQL server?
- What is blocking and what’s the best way to deal with it?
- What kind of recovery models are there in SQL Server?
- What is the importance of a recovery model?
- What purpose does the Model Database Serve?
- Explain your SQL Server DBA Experience?
- What is Transparent Data Encryption?
- Why would you use SQL Agent?
- What are the different ways you can create Databases in SQL Server?
FAQs on SQL Server Interview Questions for Developers
1. What are basic SQL skills?
The most important basic SQL skills are listed below:
- Fundamentals of databases
- The purpose of tables and indexes
- Basic SQL syntax
- Conditional filters
2. What are the Top 5 SQL Server Interview Questions?
The list of top 5 interview questions on the SQL server are as follows:
- What is SQL?
- What is DBMS?
- What is the difference between SQL and MySQL?
- What are Constraints in SQL?
- What is a Query?
3. How do I prepare for the SQL interview?
By preparing the above-given interview questions on SQL server topics to help you score well in interview objective and subjective tests. Also, there are 6 ways to practice SQL questions for interviews and they are as contains:
- Practice SQL Queries
- Know Your SQL Lingo
- Understand SQL’s Place in the World
- Be Prepared for Anything
- Be Honest About Your SQL Skills
- Get Some Real-World SQL Experience