Solid State Chemistry Lecture Notes: Chemistry is a branch of science that deals with the structure of substances, composition, properties, transformation process, and the energy that is used during the process. Every substance be it natural or artificial, consists of one or more atoms that are identified as elements. These atoms are fundamental building blocks of chemical substances. One of the greatest challenges in Chemistry is the advancement of coherent explanation of different complex behaviour of materials. This branch of Science particularly focuses on ions, molecules, and atoms. Chemistry also covers the study of the interaction between energy and matter. In this article, you will find complete details about the study materials of Chemistry.
- Solid State Chemistry Notes and Study Material PDF Free Download
- Solid State Chemistry Reference Books
- Solid State Chemistry Curriculum
- List of Solid State Chemistry Important questions
- FAQs on Solid State Chemistry Notes
Introduction to Solid State Chemistry
Chemistry is there in our everyday life. Everything we see, taste, smell, touch, and hear evolves around chemicals and chemistry. It is the study of matter that has mass and takes space. This branch of Science is also involved in the changes of matters due to conditions and environment. The reason behind Chemistry’s existence everywhere is that almost every existing thing can be broken down into chemical building blocks. Solid State Chemistry is the study of the structure, synthesis, and properties of solid-phase materials. It is also called Materials Chemistry. If you are looking for study materials of Solid State Chemistry, you must read this article.
Solid State Chemistry Notes and Study Material PDF Free Download
Solid State Chemistry has a strong connection with mineralogy, ceramics, thermodynamics, electronics, materials science, crystallography, and solid-state physics. There is no doubt that Chemistry is an important branch of Science. So, there are various kinds of study materials available on Solid State Chemistry. To solve this problem, we have made a list of some important study materials of Solid State Chemistry.
- Atom Structure Download
- Chemical Bonding Download
- Chemical Equilibrium Download
- Chemical Kinetics Download
- Chemical Thermodynamics Download
- Coordination Compound Download
- D and F Block Download
- Electrochemistry Download
- Equilibrium Download
- Metallurgy Download
- P Block Download
- Periodic Table Download
- Radioactivity Download
- S Block Download
- Salt Analysis or Qualitative Analysis Download
- Solid State Download
- Solution and Colligative Properties Download
- Surface Chemistry Download
- Thermo Chemistry Download
Solid State Chemistry Reference Books
Solid State Chemistry is strongly influenced by technology because of its relevance to products of Commerce. You get to know about the concept of the compound in-depth in Solid State Chemistry. It is important to choose the right set of books to understand different concepts of Solid State Chemistry. We have made a list of reference books for Solid State Chemistry where you will find explanations in simple language.
- L. E. Smart, E. A. Moore: Solid State Chemistry: An Introduction (4th Ed., CRC Press, 2012)
- Solid State Chemistry and Its Applications (2nd Ed, Wiley, 2014)
- T. A. Albright, J. K. Burdett and M.-H. Whangbo: Orbital Interactions in Chemistry (2nd Ed, Wiley & Sons, 2013)
- S. E. Dann: Reactions and Characterization of Solids (Wiley-Interscience, 2000)
- Structural Inorganic Chemistry (5th Ed, Oxford University Press, 1984)
- Cheetham and Day: Solid State Chemistry: Techniques (Oxford, 1987)
- Cheetham and Day: Solid State Chemistry: Compounds (Oxford, 1992)
- Wold and Dwight: Solid State Chemistry (Springer, 1993)
- P. A. Cox: The Electronic Structure and Chemistry of Solids (Oxford, 1987)
- R. Hoffmann: Solids and Surfaces: A Chemist’s View of Bonding in Extended Structures (VCH, 1988)
- J. K. Burdett: Chemical Bonding in Solids (Oxford, 1995)
Solid State Chemistry Curriculum
Before studying Solid State Chemistry, you must know the syllabus of this branch of Science. For this particular subject, it is important to understand the syllabus. The syllabus of Solid State Chemistry varies depending on the level of course and institution. However, the basic concepts of Solid State Chemistry remain the same. In this article, you will find the complete details of the curriculum of Solid State Chemistry.
|Explain the principles concerning solid-state structures.||Explain particular crystal structures by applying basic crystallographic concepts.|
|Briefly explain the generation of X-ray radiation and its effects on matter.||Explain the practical use of the diffraction phenomenon.|
|Uses of powder diffraction data for characterizing cubic substances.||How to relate diffraction intensities mathematically to structural parameters? How to derive extinction conditions.|
|Usage of crystallographic data for validated phase analysis.||Analyze thermograms and phase diagrams in known systems|
List of Solid State Chemistry Important questions
- Name two broad categories of a unit cell.
- What is called a centred unit cell? Explain different types of centred unit cells.
- Write a brief note on amorphous. Give a few examples of amorphous solids.
- What is meant by the term, ‘coordination number’?
- What is the coordination number of atoms?
- State the differences between crystal lattice and unit cell.
- Write some similarities and differences between metallic and ionic crystals.
- How to search structure type in Solid State Chemistry?
- Explain the details of the Kirkendall experiment.
- Describe primitive unit cell and ferromagnetism.
FAQs on Solid State Chemistry Notes
What is called Chemistry?
Chemistry is a branch of Science that deals with the structure of substances, composition, properties, transformation process, and the energy that is used during the process.
What is called Solid State Chemistry?
Solid State Chemistry is the study of the structure, synthesis, and properties of solid-phase materials. It is also called Materials Chemistry.
What are some important books on Solid State Chemistry?
Some of the important books on Solid State Chemistry are Solid State Chemistry: An Introduction, Solid State Chemistry and Its Applications, Orbital Interactions in Chemistry, Reactions and Characterization of Solids, Structural Inorganic Chemistry, Solid State Chemistry: Techniques, Solid State Chemistry: Compounds, and Wold and Dwight: Solid State Chemistry.
Is it tough to study Solid State Chemistry?
Solid State Chemistry can seem tough to you if you do not understand the concepts clearly. However, it is considered as the simplest subject of Chemistry by a lot of students. So, you need to buy the right set of books and have the patience to understand the concepts.
The information provided above regarding the syllabus and study materials for Solid State Chemistry will help in your study. If you have any other questions regarding Solid State Chemistry’s study materials, please let us know in the comment section.