Robotics and Automation Lecture Notes: Robotics and Automation is the best specialization Engineering course for all the people having an interest in Robotics and superpowers of the robots. Are you also the one fascinated by the superman and Iron man movies? Then robotics is the best engineering course for you!
Robotics and Automation is the specialization in Engineering that provides the students with in-depth knowledge in several areas, including the robotic sensors, electro-mechanics, AI and automatic system. This article contains all the necessary study material and resources essential for the students of Robotics and Automation. The study materials and lecture notes also contain various methods of robot building and maintenance. Students can refer to the Big Data Lecture Notes For CSE as per the latest and updated syllabus from this article.
Robotics and Automation is a specialization with combined study resources of designing, construction, applications and operations of robots attached with the computerized control systems and information and data processing.
The article also contains the reference books and curriculum of the whole course along with the lecture notes. The article has the brief division of the syllabus for all the core subjects and the list of all the other added elective subjects. The aspirants of Robotics and Automation must go through the entire content to have all the details and information about the course at the single stop and avoid the hassle of searching various sources for getting the contents.
Everything that this article includes is mentioned here:
- Introduction to Robotics and Automation
- Robotics and Automation Reference books
- Robotics and Automation Curriculum
- List of Robotics and Automation Important questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Robotics is the field of engineering where the contents are related to designing and application of robots and the usage of computer devices for their processing and manipulation. Robotics has several applications in the global industries to speed the process of manufacturing. It also has applications in other fields including the sea-explorations, nuclear science, transmission of electrical signals, designing the bio-medical equipment, and others.
Robotics makes use of computer integrated manufacturing process, mechanical and electrical engineering concepts, software engineering, and biomechanics.
Robotics and automation engineering combined uses the IT and control systems for reducing the requirements of human efforts in the production of essential services and goods. Automation is the widest step beyond mechanization in the industrialization’s scope.
Specialization in robotics and automation engineering leads to certain career options in the research and engineering, manufacturing, mining, agriculture, nuclear, and power plant maintenance.
Robotics and Automation Notes and Study material PDF Free Download
Robotics and Automation Lecture notes pdf material is highly important for the students of the specialization course to briefly understand all the concepts and get a clear idea about everything included in the course. The lecture notes have all the descriptions of the topics for core subjects as well as the elective ones for the specialization are highly effective in ensuring the best preparation for the students.
The notes are available in the pdf format, ensuring that the students do not have to move around and search various sites for the contents. Moreover, the entire content is also easily accessible on any device, making sure that the students do not face any hassle while preparing for the subjects involved in the specialization.
These are the expertly designed notes for every subject that will have the easily understandable descriptions of several concepts and will also include the solved problems and example of various concepts to help the students in every possible manner. Having these notes handy for any subject will surely help the students to study anytime and anywhere.
Reference books also play a vital role in the preparation of any subject. For the entire course of Automation and robotics, there are many subject wise reference books available for the global candidates. The books contain brief descriptions of several important topics along with the solved problems and a list of important questions for various subjects.
The recommended books are the best reference materials for various subjects of Robotics and Automation, and they contain all the updated descriptions and concepts for various subjects. The certified experts of several subjects precisely designed the books to help the students get the best reference material during their preparations.
Here is a list of some best reference books that the students of Robotics and Automation must use to have the best preparation and pass the examinations with the flying colours.
- Mikell P.Grover, Automation, Production Systems and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Pearson Education Asia.
- N.Viswanadham and Y.Narahari, Performance Modeling of Automated Manufacturing Systems, Prentice Hall India Pvt. Ltd.
- K. Ogata, “Modern Control Engineering”, Pearson India, 3rd Edition.
- Norman Nise,”Control System Engineering”, Prentice Hall India, Fourth Edition 3 Anand Kumar, “Control System Theory”, Prentice-Hall India.
- Nagrath and Mittal, “Robotics and Control”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- Spong and Vidhyasagar, “Robot Dynamics and Control”, John Wiley and sons, 2008.
- Harry Asada & Slottine “Robot Analysis& Control”, Wiley Publications, 2014
- Amitabh Ghosh and Ashok Kumar Mallik, Theory of mechanism and Machines, Affiliated East-West Press Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 1998.
- Artur, G. Erdman and George. N. Sandor., Mechanism design: Analysis and Synthesis, Vol-1 Prentice Hall of India, 1984.
- Herbert E. Merritt, “Hydraulic Control Systems”, John Wiley & Sons, 1967.
- D McCloy & H R Martin,” The control of fluid power” Longman publications.1980
- John Pippenger & Tyler Hicks, “Industrial Hydraulics”, 3rd edition McGraw Hill, 1979
- John, V. Harvey, Pressure Vessel Design: Nuclear and Chemical Applications, Affiliated East-West Press Pvt. Ltd., 1969.
- V. Rammurti, Computer-Aided Mechanical Design and Analysis, Tata Mc Graw Hill-1992.
Robotics and Automation is an entirely different specialization course that has several core and elective subjects. The course is a wider one having many subjects that all play a crucial role in the career of the students.
The elective subjects differ from university to university, but the most generic ones that every institution adds in the curriculum are as follows:
- Microcontrollers and their applications
- Finite elemental techniques
- Computer-aided design and modelling
- Optimization techniques
- Condition monitoring and vibration analysis
- Actuated robotics
- Fuzzy logic and neural networks
- AI and expert systems
- Advanced solid mechanics
- Composite materials and their mechanics
- Manufacturing related to computer systems
- Data analysis and experimental measures
- Process planning and product designing
- Additive manufacturing techniques and their applications
- Engineering research methods
- Rotor dynamics
- Numerical methods
These are just the elective subjects of the entire course, but having brief knowledge of them all is also significant for the best outcomes.
The major core subjects of the Robotics and automation course are mentioned below:
- Control of dynamics system
- Robotics engineering
- Fluid power systems
- Advanced kinematics
- Computer-aided mechanical designing and analysis
The students must have the entire curriculum handy to priorly understand what all they are supposed to learn in the course and what all subjects will be there in the Robotics and Automation specialization. This curriculum of the involved subjects will also help the students in arranging the right books beforehand and start the self-preparation and learning process whenever they wish to!
Apart from the notes, books, and the curriculum, important questions of the subject also play a vital role in the competitive level preparations. The important questions are the ones that are frequently asked in the interviews and other competitive-level examinations and will provide the students with an idea of the type of questions asked. Eventually, this will help the students to prepare themselves accordingly and get the best outcomes.
A list of some important questions of robotics and Automation is given below:
- Explain the robotics automation process (RPA).
- Explain in brief the steps involved in the RPA process.
- Describe the characteristics of RPA.
- What factors motivate an organization to go for RPA?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of RPA?
- What are the key tools used for RPA?
- Explain the basic requirements of RPA for front and back-office processing?
- What must scripting standards be considered during automation testing?
- Explain the difference between a thin client and thick client?
- Is there any need of special skills for handling RPA?
- List important factors for planning automation?
- Explain the important features of an automation tool?
- Explain the way of performing test cases and scripts in RPA?
- Describe the most important feature of RPA.
- What steps are involved in RPA?
- When is the automation testing avoided for an agile method?
- Explain the uses of RPA.
- Name the important features for software automation testing.
- Explain the factors essential for mapping the success of automation testing.
- Describe the industrial uses of RPA.
- Explain Screen Scraping in RPA.
- Explain the components of RPA architecture.
- Explain Citrix automation.
- What support is essential while handling the process or operation based on RPA?
- Why is RPA wide-range Automation in true sense?
What is a Robotic Automation Process (RPA)?
Robotic Automation Process is the business process automation technique where the robots simulate the human behaviour and actions for the execution of several tasks without any human assistance. The RPA robots cost lower than the budget required for the employees and never makes the mistakes.
- Robotics is the entity that mimics human actions.
- The process is a step by step mechanic that provides an effective activity.
- Automation is the process that is performed by robots without the involvement of humans.
Is RPA reliable and secure?
RPA has several applications in different levels of a business process. It helps in doing some vital things with the vendors and provides effective runtime functions that are entirely different from the process related to file editing. Additionally, in a business, every user must perform the same actions, which are restricted at some points. The actions mainly include editing, compiling, creating, and others.
Finally, when comparing the manual process and actions with the RPA, the later one is more secure and reliable and also has extra control in particular working environments.
This article of Robotics and Automation Lecture Notes is essential for the specialization course students to have a brief about the entire course and what all subjects are included in the study. The article also contains several study resources to help the students get a quick view on various topics of different essential subjects and get amazing results in several examinations.