Renewable Energy Sources Notes: In today’s world, Renewable Energy Sources are among the most important in the world. At the present rate of consumption, we won’t have a lot of fossil fuels left soon and this can be a great problem because we need fossil fuels for a variety of things in our lives. Students can refer to the Big Data Lecture Notes For CSE as per the latest and updated syllabus from this article.
Renewable Energy Sources provide for an equitable and sustainable alternative to more harmful fuels and more toxic and perishable sources of energy. It is, thus, a subject which is gaining increasing importance in the twenty-first century.
Luckily, for those who are studying Renewable Energy Sources, we understand how important it is to be well versed in the same. Thus, below, we have provided the following study materials for Renewable Energy Sources:
- Introduction to Renewable Energy Sources Notes
- Renewable Energy Sources Notes
- Renewable Energy Sources reference books
- Renewable Energy Sources curriculum
- List of Renewable Energy Sources important questions
- Frequently asked questions about Renewable Energy Sources Notes
Renewable Energy Sources as a subject looks into the various components of renewable, sustainable and more healthy alternatives to non-renewable or perishable energy resources such as fossil fuels. It looks at capitalising on natural resources that we find in abundance around us and put them to use as Renewable Energy Sources and renewable, clean fuels.
Here are some Renewable Energy Sources Notes which will help you understand the subject better:
- Lecture Notes on Renewable Energy Sources
- Renewable Energy System Lecture Notes
- Renewable Energy System RES Notes
- Renewable Energy Sources RES PDF Notes
- PDF Renewable Energy Sources Notes
- Lecture Notes on Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
Renewable Energy Sources refer to those sources of energy which can replace other resources that are on the brink of running out and are also highly polluting in nature. These sources generally make use of the abundant natural resources available on the planet to make cleaner energy that works just as well for whatever we need it for.
We can differentiate Renewable Energy Sources from Non-Renewable Energy Sources, where the former looks at more sustainable methods of producing energy which also take less time to produce. The latter, on the other hand, consists of those sources which take millions of years to formulate, and they are also high in toxins and toxic chemicals that are harmful for not only our planet but for the creatures living on it as well.
The following are some examples of Renewable Energy Sources that we have come to rely on nowadays:
- Solar energy
- Geothermal energy
- Wind energy
- Nuclear energy
- Biomass energy
Reference books are imperative during a student’s life to understand just that extra bit of data to be able to push their marks over the very best that they will be. Using reference books allows students to seek out about and understand the topics at hand at their own pace of reading and understanding.
Below, we have listed some good reading materials in the form of reference books for Renewable Energy Sources.
- Renewable Energy, power for a Sustainable Future – Godfrey Boyle
- Non Conventional Energy Sources – GD Rai
- Renewable Energy Sources – JW Twidell, A Weird
- Solar Energy – SP Sukhatme
- Wind Energy Conversion Systems – LL Freris
- Introduction to Biofuels – David Mousdale
The curriculum for a subject counts as incredibly vital study material for every student. It comes into good use when the scholar is attempting to make a study plan for his or her examinations to make an outline or skeleton of the subject. It acts as a useful checklist for college kids pursuing their graduation or even any other level of study, to tick topics off whenever they complete one.
Below is the unit wise and topic wise breakdown of the Renewable Energy Sources curriculum:
|Unit I: Introduction||
|Unit II: Solar Energy||
|Unit III: Wind Energy||
Important questions help a student study adequately for an exam by preparing them for the kinds of questions which can show up during an exam paper. It is vital to know the tactics of how and what sort of questions are asked in an examination question paper, so that we may understand how we can fully and properly prepare ourselves for an exam. This is often in terms of the way we learn the topics at hand so as that they best suit the sorts of questions which can be asked.
Below is a list of Renewable Energy Sources important questions. The question paper will have 2 markers, 3 markers and 5 markers in the Renewable Energy Source question paper.
- List out the applications of solar energy.
- Give the classification of a solar conductor.
- Classify the different wind turbine rotors.
- What are the advantages of mini/micro hydro resources?
- Comment on the origin of geothermal energy.
- Write the principle of sunshine recorders.
- What do you understand by stratified storage?
- Why are horizontal axis wind turbines preferred over vertical axis wind turbines?
- Compare and contrast the different types of tides.
- Differentiate between the Seebeck and the Peltier effect.
- Classify renewable energy sources and explain, in brief, the need for these energy resources with emphasis on the Indian context.
- Describe the different types of wind turbines.
- What is the current status of geothermal energy in India?
- Describe the working of a floating dome type biogas plant and list its advantages.
- Provide a brief account of the thermal analysis of a flat plate collector.
- Explain the schematic diagram of the working of anaerobic digestion, showing input material and effluents.
- Differentiate between sensible and latent heat storage systems with diagrams.
- What is a solar constant? Also, explain terrestrial and extraterrestrial solar radiation.
- Explain the working of a Pyrheliometer using a diagram.
- What are the reasons for variations in solar radiations reaching the earth and that received outside of the earth’s atmosphere?
What is the question paper pattern for Renewable Energy Sources?
The Renewable Energy Sources question paper is for 75 marks. It has 2 parts – Part A and Part B.
Part A: 25 marks. There are five 2 markers and five 3 markers, all of which are compulsory.
Part B: 50 marks. There are five 10 marks questions with a pattern of 5+5 in each question. Answering all of these 10 mark questions is compulsory.
What kind of questions can I expect for Renewable Energy Sources exams?
Renewable Energy Sources exam papers will have questions about definitions of key terms, differentiating between different terms, effects and processes, diagrammatic questions, etc. More about this has been mentioned in our section above about Renewable Energy Sources important questions, kindly check them.
Where can I find good study materials for Renewable Energy Sources?
In the above article, we have provided Renewable Energy Sources Notes, reference books, curriculum and important questions. These are very helpful study materials, so please do use them.
What is the importance of Renewable Energy Sources?
Renewable Energy Sources is an important subject because it teaches students the intricacies of dealing with sustainable and environment-friendly forms of energy. Sustainable energy is the need of the hour, because at the rate that we are currently going, it will be difficult to get to even the year 2100 without running out of millions of years old fossil fuels. Besides the fact that they will run out soon and it will take millions more years to make them again, non-renewable sources of energy are incredibly harmful for the environment. They cause global warming and it is the need of the hour, thus, to inculcate Renewable Energy Sources into our lives.
Above, we have provided some great study materials for Renewable Energy Sources which you will be able to use for a long time to come. Aside from helping you with your exams, these Renewable Energy Sources Notes, reference books, curriculum and important questions will allow you to retain information for a long time to come. It is the need of the hour to learn about and incorporate Renewable Energy Sources into our lives and homes to ensure that there is a future ahead of us and for the next few generations to come. Hopefully, these notes and other study materials will have helped you out in the way that you needed them to. We have carefully curated these resources so that every student finds it easy to understand the subject at hand.