Professional Ethics Notes: As we know, there are a lot of professional services that we take benefit from in our daily life. Professionals such as doctors, lawyers, CA, etc. help people in different segments or different fields. These professionals have to maintain moral conduct and behaviour while communicating with a customer; this is known as professional ethics. A professional is bound to follow the ethics that are there in professionalism so that he/she can achieve the goodwill of the customers and achieve success in his/her career.
Every professional course includes professional ethics subject in their syllabus so that the students who are aspiring to become a professional in the near future should have knowledge on professional ethics and how to apply it in their line of service. Students can gain a lot of knowledge from this subject which can help them in their professional careers. They will get a clear view of what ethics are there in professionalism.
Some students face problems understanding the professional ethics subject and find it difficult to secure good marks. The best option to overcome these troubles is professional ethics Lecture Notes. This note explains the subject in a detailed manner and includes questions that are likely to come in the exams, thus making the preparation of the students efficient and better. After completing these notes, the students will be confident of scoring good marks in the exams.
- About Professional Ethics
- Professional Ethics Notes Pdf
- Professional Ethics Reference Books
- Professional Ethics Curriculum
- Professional Ethics Important Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Professional ethics can be considered as the personal and corporate standards of behaviour that are expected from a professional while he/she is dealing with a customer or a person who seeks the professional’s service. The word professionalism is believed to be applied only at vows of a religious order. The term professionalism was known to be involved in three learned professions, which are Divinity, Law, and Medicine. In the year 1675, the term professionalism was also used for people who are in the military profession.
Professionals are those individuals who have acquired some specialised skills and knowledge. The knowledge should be passed to the public following moral conduct, and this is known as professional ethics. Professionals are capable of making judgments and making decisions that the general public is not capable of because they have not acquired the required skills and knowledge of this field. The professionals are bound to follow the ethics while providing service to the public as it is a part of the job. The earliest example of professional ethics is doctors taking the Hippocratic oath before entering into the health profession. They have to follow the sayings in their whole career.
Students who are making a career in any of the professional fields study the subject professional ethics as per their curriculum. So the students should understand every concept and feature of this subject to achieve success in their professional career.
Some students who are in some professional field find the subject of professional ethics difficult to some extent. They usually dont understand the concepts and different theoretical areas of the subject. Students having these difficulties are incapable of scoring good marks in the exam. This problem can act as a huge barrier for students who are expecting to have a successful career in the future. The only way to overcome this trouble is by downloading the professional ethics notes pdf, which has proved to be a great help for students.
The professional ethics notes pdf aims to explain each aspect of the subject in a detailed manner so that the students will have no doubts regarding this chapter. The professional ethics notes pdf contain practice questions that are likely to come in the exams, thus making the preparation of the students better and efficient. By practising these questions, the students will get a preview of the pattern of questions they are going to face in the final exams. This preview will prevent the students from any surprises and confusion during the exams.
Professional ethics notes pdf is prepared by some experts, thus ensuring that the quality of the notes is top class. Students are assured that there are no mistakes committed in these notes, and they can entirely rely on these notes for their exam preparations.
Few important notes of professional ethics are:-
- Professional ethics question bank with answers PDF
- Professional ethics handwritten notes PDFs
- Professional ethics program question papers PDFs
- Professional ethics semester notes PDFs.
- Professional ethics PPT
Books are very important in exam preparations because without them it is impossible to score good marks in the exams. They act as a support system for the students during the exams. Students who refer good marks while preparing for the exams gain an appropriate amount of knowledge, which is enough to score the highest possible marks in the exams. Books are responsible for giving a clear overview of a particular subject.
Similarly, for understanding the subject of professional ethics, a student requires books so that he/she can have a detailed overview of the subject. But referring to one book for this subject is not enough because one book cannot give all the information that is required for scoring good marks in the exams.
Here’s a list of some important books for professional ethics:-
- Research on Professional Responsibility and Ethics in Accounting written by Cynthia Jeffrey
- Lectures on Professional Ethics, Accountancy for Lawyers & BarBench Relation written by Dr Rega Surya Rao
- Professional Ethics for GTU by V.S Bagad
- Professional Ethics, Accountancy for Lawyers and Bar-Bench Relation by Dr S.R. Myneni
- Professional Ethics by R. Subramanian
- A Foundation Course in Human Values and Professional Ethics written by R.R Gaur
- Human Values and Professional Ethics by Jayshree Suresh
- Human Rights and Ethics of Globalization written by Daniel E. Lee
- Professional Ethics written by P. Jaganathan
- Professional Ethics written by Dr RD Vijayasekhar
ENGINEERING AS SOCIAL EXPERIMENTATION
SAFETY, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND RIGHTS
This syllabus is followed by the students who have professional ethics as a subject in their curriculum. This format, if followed correctly, can help the students to score the highest possible marks.
Students, before appearing for the final exams, must know the pattern of questions that generally comes in the exams so that they will not get surprised or confused while appearing the exam. To get acquainted with the questions, the students need to practice questions that are likely to come in the exam so that they can make their preparation efficient and better.
Some of the important questions that have chances to come in the exam are:-
- Explain in brief morals, values, and ethics?
- What do you understand by integrity?
- What is the method used to solve an ethical problem?
- What are the senses of engineering ethics?
- Differentiate between micro-ethics and macro-ethics
- What are the three types of inquiry?
- What do you understand by service-learning?
- What is the variety of moral issues?
- State the meaning of Kohlberg’s theory.
- State the meaning of Gilligan’s theory.
- What do you mean by consensus and controversy?
- Explain the model of professional roles.
- Explain the theories about the right action.
- What are the uses of ethical theories?
- Explain the codes of ethics.
- Explain risk-benefit analysis.
- What do you understand by reducing risk?
- What do you understand by respect for authority?
- What do you understand by collective bargaining?
- Explain conflicts of interest.
- Explain professional rights.
- Explain the employee’s rights.
- What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
- What do you mean by multinational corporations?
- What do you mean by environmental ethics?
- What do you mean by computer ethics?
- Who are consulting engineers?
- Explain moral leadership.
- Explain the code of conduct.
- What do you understand by corporate social responsibility? Explain in brief.
What are the types of professional ethics?
There are four types of professional ethics:
- Meta-Ethics: It is meant for dealing with the origin of ethical principles that are used to govern the specification of right and wrong behaviour. In this category, there is a significant debate about whether the eternal truth has been evolved from the spiritual world, or it has been created by human beings.
- Descriptive Ethics: it is used for studying the moral beliefs of different people. It is empirical research based on what society or people think of right or wrong.
- Normative ethics: It is used to set up moral conduct on the basis of which behavior of different persons is judged.
- Applied ethics – This is meant for specific situations, and they are used in that particular situation only.
What are the types of applied ethics?
There are six types of applied ethics, which are:
- Bioethics: These are considered as ethical principles or codes that are used for maintaining a normal livelihood.
- Medical ethics: These are considered as ethical principles or codes that are designed for a medical profession.
- Computer ethics: These are considered as ethical principles or codes that are designed for a medical profession.
- Engineering ethics: These are considered as ethical principles or codes that are designed for an engineering profession
- Business ethics: These are considered as ethical principles or codes that are designed for a business operation
- Legal ethics: These are considered as ethical principles or codes that are designed for maintaining a legal system.
Explain the types of complexities.
There are three types of complexities
- Vagueness: This is caused due to the fact that it is not clear to individuals as to which moral considerations are applied to their situation.
- Conflicting reasons: After it is perfectly clear as to which moral principle is applicable to which situation, there are chances of development of a situation in which two or more applicable moral principles can come into conflict.
- Disagreement: some Individuals and groups do not agree about how to interpret, apply, and balance moral reasons in different situations.
What do you understand by work ethics?
Work ethics can be defined as the set of attitudes that are responsible and concerned with the work’s value. Work ethics is responsible for forming moral orientation. Work ethics is very important in the corporate sector and has gained popularity in recent years.
Professional ethics notes are the key for the students to achieve success in the exams and be successful in their careers. This note aims to help students get a detailed view of the subject so that the students can strengthen their core knowledge in this subject. Students can achieve expertise in this subject and secure the highest possible marks in the exams by following these notes. The questions included in these notes have maximum possible chances of coming in the exam, thus making the preparation easy for the students.