Managerial Economics and Financial Analysis Notes: Microprocessors and Microcontrollers are extremely important topics for the education of B.Tech and M.Tech students. These topics come at least once in their semesters, whereas, for the electronics and computer science branch, they play an important role. Microprocessor 8085 is also a very important part of some electronic devices and is a sub-topic of the Microprocessors and Microcontrollers.
In the expert-designed Microprocessor 8085 Lecture Notes Free download option, the notes contain all the details about the processor, including its architecture and programming model. The notes also contain a brief about the assembly language programming that most of the microprocessors use for their functioning.
We provide several notes and reference books that come from the experts of the topic who have immense experience in this and know every finest detail of the 8085 and other microprocessors. These notes and other study materials play a significant role in the lives of any engineering graduate or postgraduate student to pass well with flying colours. To have an in-depth knowledge of all the concepts and understand the working of the microprocessor well, the students need to go for these expert-designed notes in pdf formats and take reference from the top-notch books that are recommended.
Everything that this article includes is mentioned here:
- Introduction to Microprocessor 8085
- Microprocessor 8085 Notes and Material
- Microprocessor 8085 Reference books
- Microprocessor 8085 Curriculum
- List of Microprocessor 8085 Important questions
8085 (Eighty-eight-five) microprocessor is an 8-bit microprocessor, designed in 1977 by Intel. The company used NMOS technology for creating this microprocessor that is utilized in many electronic devices. From basic applications to advanced ones, like satellites and radars, the 8085 microprocessor plays a significant role.
8085 microprocessor has the below-mentioned configurations:
- A data bus of 8 bits
- An address bus of 16 bits, having a capacity of addressing up to 64KB.
- A program counters of 16 bits.
- The stack pointer (16-bits).
- Six registers of 8 bit each, arranged in pairs as BC, DE, HL.
- A requirement of +5 voltage of electric supply to work at 3.2 MHz of single-phase clock.
CSE, Electronics, and other stream students of bachelors and Masters degree of Engineering and Computer Applications need to study the topic of 8085 microprocessor. For an enhanced preparation with immense knowledge grasping, they can easily access the credible Microprocessor 8085 notes. These notes are exclusively designed by the expert and experience bearers of the topic and are precisely designed in easier and understandable language and tone.
The Microprocessor 8085 lecture notes are available with an in-depth description of any related topic and their formulations and applications. From the founding of the microprocessor to its working and application, these Microprocessor 8085 Lecture notes free download versions contains all the information about them.
Considering all the needs of the students, and keeping all their mindsets and levels in mind, these lecture notes are precisely designed. Furthermore, these notes are available in Pdf format that can be easily downloaded by the students anytime and at any time, ensuring that they never have to compromise on their studies and preparations.
Apart from the lecture notes, reference books also play a vital role in the learning of any chapter or topic. Taking references from various certified and recommended books ensures that the students will never miss anything, even if they might be skipped from the notes due to any issues. From basics to examples and questions, the reference books contain it all, and they are very important for studying about 8085 microprocessor.
The certified experts and enthusiasts of 8085 microprocessor compile these reference books that the students can make use of for an enhanced preparation.
Here is a list of the best reference books for 8085 microprocessor, and the students can choose any of them to make their preparation the best one and have every knowledge about the topics:
- “Microprocessor Architecture, Programming and Applications with 8085” by R S Gaonkar
- “Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach” by J H Hennessy and D A Patterson
- “The 8051 Microcontroller, Architecture, Programming and Applications” by Kenneth J Ayala
- “Advanced Microprocessor and Peripherals ” by Bhurchandi K and A K Ray
- “Fundamentals of Microprocessors and Microcontrollers” by B Ram
- “Microprocessors and Its Interfacing” by Douglas Hall and S S S P Rao
- “Microprocessors: Theory and Applications” by Rafiquzzaman
- “Microprocessors and Microcontrollers” by A Nagoor Kani
- “Microprocessors and Microcontrollers: Architecture, Programming and System Design 8085, 8086, 8051, 8096” by Kant K
Microprocessor and Microcontroller is a vast topic in which the 8085 microprocessor comes. The syllabus of 8085 microprocessor contains many basic concepts, their definitions, examples, and other advanced topics and complex problems. Taking reference from the syllabus ensures that the students will follow the right track while preparing for the topics and start from the basic ones while moving towards the advanced ones.
Microprocessor 8085 lecture notes free download material also contains the syllabus details of the topic, including the weightage of the topics and the related questions. The sequence syllabus plays a vital role in the preparation as it helps the students to stay on track and avoid getting confused anytime.
Furthermore, while following the right sequence for learning, the students will never go for the tougher topics first or the inter-related concepts in an inappropriate manner, and this will eventually ensure that they will understand everything well. Additionally, learning according to the syllabus also helps the students in dividing the studies properly for every day, and thus get the proper preparation.
Here is the updated syllabus of Microprocessor 8085:
|Intel 8085 Microprocessor architecture|
|8-bit and 16-bit Operation including stack-subroutine|
|Introduction to interrupt handling and other related instructions|
|8085 microprocessor’s interfacing|
|Comparison of 8085 with z80 and 6800.|
While learning any topic, it is also essential to practice the important questions well and get a clear idea about the type of questions that might come in the exam, related to the particular topics. The important questions for 8085 microprocessor are mentioned below:
- What is a microprocessor? Write the power supply of the 8085 microprocessor and its frequency.
- List some applications of the systems using microprocessors.
- Explain the functioning of an accumulator.
- List all the 16-bit registers present in the 8085 microprocessor.
- List the provided register pairs of 8085 microprocessor.
- Explain SID and SOD lines and their functions.
- What is the opcode?
- What is the operand?
- Explain the functions of the IO/M signal that occurs in 8085.
- What is the meaning of an interrupt?
- Explain all the priority interrupts of 8085.
- Explain the 8085 microprocessor’s signal classification.
- What Operation does an 8085 microprocessor perform on the data?
- Explain the steps required in fetching a byte in 8085.
- How many interrupts are there in 8085 microprocessor? Explain each of them.
- What are the basic concepts involved in memory interfacing?
- Define machine cycle, instruction cycle, and T-state.
- How many machine cycles are present in the 8085 microprocessor? Mention them all.
- Write the register organization of microprocessor 8085.
- What are the flags? What flags are present in 8085?
What are the main topics involved in 8085 microprocessor notes?
The topics involved in the syllabus of the 8085 microprocessor are as follows:
- Introduction to addressing modes
- Introduction to 8085 microprocessor
- Architecture and functioning of 80885
- Classification of instruction sets
- Timing diagram
- ALP format
- Programming of 8085
- Assembly language programming
- Eight and 16-bit operations
- Stack subroutine
- Interrupt handling and other related topics
- Interfacing of 8085
- Comparison of 8085 with z80 and 6800
What is an 8085 microprocessor? Explain its configuration.
8085 microprocessor is an 8 bit one that is designed by Intel in 1977. It was generated using NMOS technology. The microprocessor 8085 is now used in many low-end as well as high-end electronic machines, including mobile phones, microwave oven, satellites, etc.
8085 microprocessor has the following configurations:
- A data bus – 8 bits
- An address bus – 16 bits
- The program counters – 16 bits.
- A stack pointer – 16 bits
- Six registers – 8 bit each, arranged in pairs as BC, DE, HL.
- The requirement of +5 voltage of electric supply to work at 3.2 MHz of single-phase clock.