LICA Notes: Aspirants looking to get hold of the LICA Study Material and Notes can access the best notes for their preparation process or to have a revision of essential concepts.
The LICA Notes and Study Materials acts as the principal study material, and notes that foster and enhance better preparation and helps students score better grades. Students can refer to the LICA Lecture Notes as per the latest curriculum from this article.
LICA Notes give aspirants a head start as they will also acquire the latest Syllabus, Reference Books, and Important Questions List for LICA notes over regular notes. LICA Notes and Study Material PDF Free Download.
Participants can benefit from the LICA Notes PDFs and Reference Books from this article and ace the preparation methods with the best and updated study resources and achieve better grades.
Introduction to Linear Integrated Circuits and Applications Lecture Notes PDF
It is a scaled down, minimal effort electronic circuit comprising dynamic and aloof segments that are irreparably combined on a solitary gem chip of silicon.
Classification: 1. In view of the method of activity
- Computerized IC’s
- Direct IC’s
Computerized IC’s are finished working rational networks that are counterparts of fundamental semiconductor rationale circuits.
Ex:- doors, counters, multiplexers, DE multiplexers, move registers.
IC’s are counterparts of discrete semiconductor organizations, for example, amplifiers, filters, recurrence multipliers, and modulators that frequently require extra outside components for palatable activity. In solid ICs all segments (dynamic and inactive) are formed simultaneously by a dispersion cycle. At that point a metallization measure is utilized in intercom acting these components to frame the wanted circuit.
- Half and half IC’s: In half and half ICs, latent segments, (for example, resistors and capacitors) and the interconnections between them are shaped on a protecting substrate. The substrate is utilized as a chassis for the incorporated parts. Dynamic parts, for example, semiconductors and diodes as well as solid incorporated circuits, are then associated with the structure of a total circuit.
- In light of the number of parts coordinated on IC’s
- SSI <10 parts b. MSI <100 components. LSI >100 components. VLSI >1000 parts
Incorporated circuit Package types:
- The level pack
- The metal can or semiconductor pack
- The double inline bundle or DIP
An operational intensifier is a direct-coupled high-gain speaker generally consisting of at least one differential speaker and typically followed by a level interpreter and a yield stage. An operational enhancer is accessible as a solitary coordinated circuit bundle. The operational enhancer is an adaptable gadget that can be utilized to enhance dc just as air conditioning input flags and was initially planned for registering such numerical capacities as expansion, deduction, augmentation, and reconciliation. Consequently, the name operational speaker comes from its unique use for these numerical activities and is abridged to operation amp. With the expansion of appropriate outside input parts, the present day operation amp can be utilized for an assortment of applications, for example, air conditioning and dc signal enhancement, dynamic channels, oscillators, comparators, controllers, and others.
LICA Notes and Study Material PDF Free Download
Aspirants pursuing their Bachelors in Technology (B.Tech) or anybody who is interested in learning about the software can avail from the LICA Notes and Study Material updated in this article. Students can aid your preparation with the ultimate preparation tools that help you score more marks.
Candidates can download the study material and notes and refer to them whenever during the preparation process. Use of the LICA Notes and Study Materials as a reference will help candidates get a better understanding of the concepts and change their score chart.
Here, is a list of a few important notes for a thorough preparation of the LICA course program-
- LICA Notes PDF
- LICA Handwritten Notes PDFs
- LICA Notes for CSE PDFs
- LICA Question Paper PDFs
- LICA PPT Notes PDF
Books are a rich source of information and students should refer to books that provide excellent conceptual background. Candidates can avail the best books for LICA as recommended by the experts of the subject.
Pupils can refer and read through the LICA Books and other Study Sources during your preparation.
The list of best and highly recommended books for LICA preparation are as follows, and candidates can choose the book that meets their knowledge and prepare accordingly.
- Linear Integrated Circuits And Applications written by Dr. N Dhanasekar and B.S Sathish Kumar
- Linear Integrated Circuits And Applications written by U. A. Bakshi, A. P. Godre and A. V. Bakshi..
- Linear Integrated Circuits written by D. Roy Choudhury and Shail B. Jain.
- Linear Integrated Circuits written by S. Salivahanan and V S Kanchana Bhaaskaran.
- Linear Integrated Circuits written by M. Senthil and Sivakumar
The best way to make your preparation effective is with an initial idea and an outline of the LICA Syllabus. Keeping in mind every student’s requirements, we have provided a detailed view of the LICA curriculum.
LICA Course Curriculum will give students a clear idea of what to study, and the unit-wise break up gives topics under each unit carefully and allot time to each topic.
Students must cover all the topics before attempting the LICA exam so that the paper is reasonably comfortable at the time of the exam. Candidates must ensure awareness of the LICA Syllabus as it prevents you from wasting unnecessary time on redundant topics.
The updated unit-wise breakup of the LICA Syllabus is as follows-
|UNIT I: FABRICATION||IC classification, fundamental of monolithic IC technology, epitaxial growth, masking and etching, diffusion of impurities. Realization of monolithic ICs and packaging. Fabrication of diodes, capacitance, resistance, FETs and PV Cell.|
|UNIT II- CHARACTERISTICS OF OPAMP||Ideal OP-AMP characteristics, DC characteristics, AC characteristics, differential amplifier; frequency response of OP-AMP; Basic applications of op-amp – Inverting and Non-inverting Amplifiers, summer, differentiator and integrator-V/I & I/V converters.|
|UNIT III- APPLICATIONS OF OPAMP||Instrumentation amplifier and its applications for transducer Bridge, Log and Antilog Amplifiers- Analog multiplier & Divider, first and second order active filters, comparators, multi-vibrators, waveform generators, clippers, clampers, peak detector, S/H circuit, D/A|
|UNIT IV- SPECIAL ICs||Functional block, characteristics of 55 Timer and its PWM application – IC-56 voltage controlled oscillator IC; 565-phase locked lop IC, AD63 Analog multiplier ICs.|
|UNIT V- APPLICATION ICs||AD623 Instrumentation Amplifier and its application as load cell weight measurement – IC voltage regulators –LM78XX, LM79XX; Fixed voltage regulators its application as Linear power supply – LM317, 723 Variability voltage regulators, switching regulator- SMPS – ICL 8038 function generator IC.|
Candidates studying LICA can go through the list of essential questions mentioned below for the LICA course program. All the given review questions aim to help the candidates to excel in the examination.
- a) Perform AC and DC analysis of an emitter coupled pair. [8M]
- b) Draw the circuit of any one type of differential amplifier and explain the operation
- a) Derive the Differential Amplifier- AC analysis of single input dual output Configuration in detail.
- b) Explain the concept of level translator in detail.
- a) Derive the Differential Amplifier- AC analysis of Dual input single output Configuration in detail.
- b) Explain the Properties of other differential amplifier configuration in detail.
- a) Derive the Differential Amplifier- DC analysis of Dual input Balanced output configuration in detail.
- b) Explain the concept of Cascade Differential Amplifier Stages in detail
- a) What is a differential amplifier? Mention the classification of differential amplifier with neat diagrams
- a) Draw and explain the three open loop op-amp configurations with a neat circuit diagram.
- b) Explain the frequency compensation techniques of an Op-Amp.
- a) Explain the terms (i) slew rates (ii) CMRR (iii) PSRR (iv) drift and list out ideal and practical characteristics of above parameters.
- b) Explain the operation of Op-amp along with block diagram in detail
- b) Draw the IC 741 op-amp pin diagram and explain the function of each pin in detail.
- a) Explain the IC 741 op-amp block diagram & its features in detail. [8M]
- b) List out the applications and Temperature ranges of IC 741 Op-amp.
10 .(a) Draw the pin diagram and schematic symbol of a typical OP-AMP IC741 and explain the function of each pin.
(b)For an OP-AMP, PSRR is 70dB, CMRR is 105, and differential mode gain is 105. The output voltage changes by 20V in 4 μsec. Calculate: (i) numerical value of PSRR (ii)
Common mode gain and (iii) Slew rate
What is a hybrid IC?
A hybrid IC consists of a combination of two or more IC types.
It is the basic physical unit used in processing. It consists of a large number of identical ICs.
What are the advantages of ICs over discrete circuits?
There are many advantages of ICs over discrete circuits. They are:
- Low cost.
- Small size.
- Improved performance.
- Low power consumption.
- High reliability.
- Mass production capability.
- Increased operating speed.
- Less weight.
- Easy replacement.
What are the limitations of ICs?
The limitations of ICs are as follows:
Since ICs are small and unable to dissipate large amounts of power, the heat produced by large elements may destroy the IC. The transformers and inductors cannot be fabricated using IC technology.
The information on LICA Notes is genuine and reliable and the above mentioned Books and Study Materials aim to help and enhance student’s knowledge and understanding of the subject during preparations and at the time of examination. Students can refer and practice from the provided LICA Books, Study materials, and Important Questions from this article.