MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science with Answers
A. Basic ICT Skills Class 10 MCQ
1. Which of the following functions is not performed using a mouse?
(a) Turn on
(c) Right click
(d) Drag and Drop
2. What is the term used when you press and hold the left mouse key and move the mouse around?
3. Here are the steps that take place when starting a computer. Rearrange the steps in the correct order.
(a) Desktop appears after login
(b) Login screen appears
(c) Power-on Self-Test (POST) starts
(d) Operating system starts
(e) Welcome screen appears
Ans. c>>d>>e>>b>>a4. Which one of the following shortcut keys is used to paste a file?
(a) Ctrl + c
(d) Ctrl + x
5. Which of the following is a valid file extension for Notepad file?
(d) . txt
6. What keys do you use to copy something?
7. What happens if you leave a device plugged in even after it is charged 100%?
(a) It can break.
(b) It can stop functioning.
(c) It can overheat.
(d) Data can get corrupt.
8. How can an antivirus protect your device?
(a) It can protect it from overheating.
(b) It can increase its performance.
(c) It can prevent data from getting corrupt.
(d) It can backup data.
9. Which option is not required to keep a device cool?
(a) Keep the device unplugged when in use.
(b) Do not cover a laptop with a blanket.
(c) Make sure the computer’s CPU fan is working.
(d) Avoid leaving the device in the sun.
10. Which of the following is essential for maintaining a keyboard?
(a) Turn the keyboard upside down and shake it to remove foreign material.
(b) Blow dust and other particles with help of a blower.
(c) Use a very dilute combination of soap and water applied with a non-abrasive cloth to remove stains from the keycaps.
(d) All of the above.
11. What should you do to ensure secure online transactions?
(a) Lock your computer(b) Give credit card or bank details only on safe websites
(c) Use anti-virus
(d) Do not use pirated software
12. Which of the following trap small children into inappropriate relations?
(a) Online predators
(c) Trojan Horse
13. What should a strong password consist of?
(a) Only letters
(b) Numbers and special characters
(c) Name of a person
(d) Letters, numbers and special characters
B. Subjective Important questions of Basic ICT Skills Class 10
1. What is the function of the ENTER key?
Ans. The label on this key can be either ENTER or RETURN, depending on the brand of computer. The ENTER or the RETURN key is used to move the cursor to the beginning of a new line. In some programs, it is used to confirm the work which is being done.
2. How will you prevent others from using your computer?
Ans. To prevent computers from being used by unauthorized persons it must be locked when the users are not working on it. This will ensure that no unauthorised person can see or make changes to our information without taking our permission. To make sure the computer is locked, the login-IDs and passwords must be created. A login ID and password is like a key to the lock which allows the user to use the computer only if the entered login ID and password match with the computer database. Once finished the work, the user must log out or sign out so that no one else can see the work.
3. How is a computer file system similar to our physical file system in a school?
Ans. In any school, each teacher has a separate cabinet where they keep the files of different students or classes on separate shelves. Similarly, information on a computer is stored in electronic files, which can be put into separate folders. It is easier to manage the electronic files as they can be simply copied, moved, renamed or even deleted.
4. What are the steps you will perform to save a text file in Ubuntu? Ans. The steps to save a text file in Ubuntu are:
1) Click on the Save button.
2) The Save As dialog box appears.
3) Browse to the Desktop folder, where you want to save a file.
4) Type the name of the file.
5) Click on Save.
5. Explain how to clean a computer on a daily basis. Ans. The ways to clean a computer on a daily basis are:
(i) Keyboard: Clean a keyboard with a soft brush to remove crumbs and dust particles.
(ii) Screen: Wipe the screen with a soft cloth to remove any finger marks.
(iii) Be careful with food and drinks: Avoid eating and keeping glasses of water or cups of coffee near a computer.
(iv) Handle devices carefully: Handle and move your laptop carefully and avoid dropping or banging it against a hard surface.
(v) Keep the computer cool: If a computer, laptop or mobile device gets overheated, the internal parts can be damaged. The CPU has an internal fan to keep it cool. We should make sure the fan is functioning. Avoid leaving a device in the sun or in a closed car. We should be careful when using a laptop while sitting in bed and make sure that the fan is not covered.
(vi) Do not overcharge your battery: Sometimes we keep a device plugged in for charging even after it is fully charged. If we leave the device plugged in for a long time, it can overheat the battery. This reduces the battery life. Always unplug the device once it is charged 100%.
(vii) Always plug in devices carefully: Any device being connected to a laptop or computer such as a USB drive or headphones, should be done gently. It should not be forced into the port. If you find it difficult to plug in a device, change the direction and try instead of trying to force it in.
(viii) Do not run too many programs at a time: When too many programs are running at the same time, the computer can become slow and even crash. If a program/app is not being used, it should be closed so that other programs can work smoothly.
6. How can you increase the performance of a computer? Ans. The ways to increase the performance of a computer are:
1) Uninstall unnecessary software
2) Limit the programs at startup
3) Add more RAM to your PC
4) Check for spyware and viruses
5) Use Disk Cleanup and defragmentation
6) Consider a startup SSD
7. Explain how Trojan Horse virus works.
Ans. A Trojan horse, or Trojan, is a type of malicious code or software that looks legitimate but can take control of your computer. It is designed to harm your computer without knowing you. It can steal the data, manage or change the data by itself. This will harm your computer or network.
8. List the various ways you can use to protect your data.
Ans. The various ways to protect our data from theft and viruses are:
(a) Use passwords to login to your computer: Use passwords that are difficult to guess. Passwords are difficult to hack if they are a mix of small (For example ‘a b c d’) and capital letters (For example, ‘H J E R’), numbers (For example ‘8 7 6 5’) and special characters (For example, ’% ^ # $’). This would prevent unauthorised people from using your computer.
(b) Install Anti-virus and Firewall: Anti-viruses and Firewall monitor the data coming in and out of a computer and prevent viruses from entering. Anti-viruses can also detect and clean viruses that may have entered a computer.
(c) Encrypt Data: This is usually done by banks and companies in which important customer information is stored. They can encrypt their entire hard disk using the encryption feature in Windows (Bitlocker). This would force users to use a decryption password (or key) before starting the computer thus preventing unauthorised usage.
(d) Secure sites: Give details of your credit card or bank account only on secure sites. See in the address bar of the browser. If the site address starts with https://and a lock symbol, then it is safe to give your credit card and bank details.
- Array MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Charts in Calc MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Data Editing and Formatting in Calc MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Data Types Operations and Expressions in C Language MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Decision Structure MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Function in Calc MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Function MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Handling images in HTML MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Head and body sections MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Introduction to C Language MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Introduction to Calc MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Introduction to HTML MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- List and Table Handling in HTML MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Loop control structure MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Problem and Problem-Solving MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science
- Using I/O operations MCQ Questions for Class 10 Computer Science