Communicative English Notes: There is no shame in admitting that we all need help in our studies sometimes. Here, we are providing you with Communicative English Notes to help you do your best in an exam for the same.
We know that Communicative English can be a tricky subject, like all languages. This is the reason we have provided Communicative English Notes for you to try to do your best during your exams. It is extremely important to score well, that’s why we must all aim for the stars, and these Communicative English Lecture Notes will help you get there with your marks.
Below, we have provided a bunch of resources for Communicative English, which are as listed:
- Communicative English reference books
- Communicative English curriculum
- List of Communicative English important questions
- FAQs about Communicative English
Introduction to Communicative English Notes – PDF Free Download
Communicative English is a subject which is based on how we use the English language on a day-to-day basis. It pertains to not only our daily use of English, but it specifically pertains to how we use it to talk to each other, or communicate with each other. It focuses on making ourselves and our language more expressive, using richer vocabulary, and making everyday English fun and active.
Communicative English is a fun subject and it focuses on everyday narratives and how to go about talking about them. English is an important language because of its universality and the subject of Communicative English goes into the nuances of this language. Learning the language as well as the different ways in which it can be written, spoken and interpreted is very important for all of us.
For your reference, here are some important Communicative English Notes listed.
- Note for Communicative English CE
- Communicative English Note PDF Download
- Communicative English Lecture Notes
- CE Notes – Communicative English Handwritten Notes
BA Communicative English Notes – Free PDF Download
The importance of Communicative English as a subject is immense, which is why Communicative English Notes are extremely helpful to every student who is studying this subject. You will have noticed that every student has to study English as a compulsory subject from the beginning till the end of our formative school years. This practise displays why we must learn Communicative English.
There is a lot to be studied under the subject of Communicative English. Here are some of the topics that come under the purview of Communicative English for your reference:
- Copy Editing
- Translation Studies
- Literature (Stories & Poetry)
- Public Relations
- Print Media
- Reading & Responding Skills
- Conversational English
The importance of Communicative English reference books is manifold. These books will not only help you enhance your English language speaking and writing skills, but also make you well versed with the nuances of the subject well enough to pass Communicative English exams with flying colours.
Here is a list of Communicative English reference books:
- Spoken English (English Improvement for Success), written by Alison Reid
- English Communication, written by Pooja Khanna
- Communication Skills, written by Sanjay Kumar and Pushp Lata
- Word Power Made Easy: The Complete Handbook for Building a Superior Vocabulary, written by Normal Lewis
- A Textbook of Communicative English, written by N.K. Narula
- The Phonetics and Phonology of English, written by D. Thakur
- New Oxford Communicative English Resource Book, written by Renu Anand and Gayatri Khanna
- Communicative English, written by E. Sureshkumar and P. Sreehari
- Practical English Usage, Fourth Edition, written by Michael Swan
- Talk Like TED, written by Carmine Gallo
- English for Business Communication, written by Simon Sweeney
- Functional English for Communication, written by Dr Ujjwala Kakarla
- Essential English Communication, written by Andrew Thompson
- Functions of English, written by Lee Jones
- English for Business Communication by Mable Chan
- Intermediate English Grammar, written by Raymond Murphy
The Communicative English course has an extensive curriculum ranging from basic English speaking and phonetics to translations, and even further to multimedia journalism, archiving and documentation.
Here is the unit-wise and topic-wise breakdown of the Communicative English curriculum.
Phonetics & Phonology
Grammar & Usage
Listening & Speaking Competence
Mass Communication and Mass Media: Print, Electronic, Digital and New Media
Below, we have provided a list of Communicative English important questions that come into good use when looking at the subject from an examination point of view.
- Provide the tree diagram for the following sentence:
“The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog to catch the apple that fell off the tree.”
- What is the accurate way to use grammar? Also note some common grammatical errors.
- What are the types of antonyms? List an example of each type.
- What is the appropriate process of listening?
- Briefly explain the following terms:
- Yellow journalism
- Fricative and Affricate
- Provide the IPA transcription for the following words:
- Explain the linguistic and non-linguistic features of Registers.
- What is the relationship between language and the following?
- How does a person’s personal and social identity affect their language? Additionally, explain how regional differences affect language.
- Write a short note about planning and writing for social media platforms.
What is the significance of Communicative English as a subject?
Everywhere we look today, we find people speaking in English, even if it may sometimes be broken or inaccurate English. English is a universal language and it is increasingly gaining more and more importance by the day. Communicative English is, because of this very reason, extremely significant, as it looks at the nuances and intricacies of the English language, from pronunciations to effective communication, print media to effective comprehension of long texts and much more. With English gaining more importance in the world as a medium of global interconnectedness, Communicative English as a subject also increases in its importance simultaneously.
What kind of questions can be asked in a paper for Communicative English?
Communicative English papers generally consist of knowledge-based as well as application-based questions due to the nature of the subject itself. The subject matter of the course requires application-based learning due to the kind of topics its covers, such as linguistics, journalism, etc. Thus, questions can be expected to be theoretical, as well as the kind that test your ability to think on your feet.
What is the subject matter pertinent to Communicative English?
A lot of important topics fall under the purview of the subject of Communicative English. The Communicative English curriculum is extensive and vast, and requires a lot of patience and hard work to study. The following is a list of the basic of Communicative English:
- Grammar & usage of grammar
- Listening competence
- Speaking competence
- Mass communication & mass media
- Print media
- Digital media
- Electronic media
- New media
What is the importance of Communicative English Notes?
Sometimes, subjects can be confusing to study, especially when we don’t have the appropriate study material for the same. We have provided you with Communicative English Notes as well as several other resources for your study of the subject. They are important resources, as they will help you study and get the marks you want in the subject of Communicative English.
We have provided for you four basic resources – Communicative English Notes, Communicative English reference books, Communicative English curriculum and lastly, a list of Communicative English important questions. This is the study material that should hopefully be enough to help you score fantastic marks in your exam for this subject. They will also help you enhance your English communication skills whilst helping you score well in your exams.