Civil Engineering Notes PDF Free Download: Aspirants who are pursuing Btech Civil Engineering Course should know the importance of Lecture Notes during their preparation. Lecture Notes is the key study materials that graduates need to use for the upcoming examination in order to get a proper preparation. BTech Geeks helps you to achieve more marks in the exams. One of the ultimate guides for preparation is Btech Notes. Avail subject-wise B.Tech Notes of all Engineering Departments like ECE, CSE, Mech, EEE, Civil, etc. in one place and plan your preparation according to your requirements.
So, Candidates are suggested to refer to the ultimate BTECH (Bachelor of Technology) Civil Engineering Class Notes of all Year along with other preparation tools like Syllabus, Reference books, Review Questions, etc., and have a grip on the concepts. Also, Freshers can find complete details of the Civil Engineering Course from this page. Go through this article and gather all the data that you require to clear all 8-semester examinations of B.Tech Civil Engineering Course.
- Btech Civil Engineering First Year Notes
- Btech Civil Engineering Second Year Notes
- Btech Civil Engineering Third Year Notes
- Btech Civil Engineering Fourth Year Notes
Overview of Civil Engineering Course Details
Civil Engineering is a branch or specialization of Engineering course. It deals with the study of designing, construction and maintenance of various complex structures such as public buildings, bridges, dams, and various other structures. Civil Engineering is one of the oldest disciplines of Engineering. Check out the brief details of the Civil Engineering course:
- Civil Engineering Notes and Course Syllabus
- Specializations In Civil Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria For Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering Jobs
- Recruiters of Civil Engineers
- Frequently Asked Questions
The initial idea of what to study under a course is gained through the syllabus or curriculum of the course. The curriculum is set differently for different courses. The syllabus or Curriculum of a course is set by the university or college board. The main aim of the curriculum of any course is to have control over what a student studies, and it also helps in reducing the pressure of study from the minds of the students.
The Civil Engineering course also has a specific curriculum which has different subjects that a student has to study in a duration of 4 years. For the convenience of the students, these subjects have been divided into 8 semesters. Here is an overview of the course curriculum of the B.Tech programme of Civil Engineering.
|Semester- I||Semester- II|
|Semester- III||Semester- IV|
|Semester- V||Semester- VI|
|Semester- VII||Semester- VIII|
List of Electives
List of Electives
Civil Engineers are responsible for shaping, designing, planning and expanding society. They are the major minds behind some of the great structures ever built in human history. Civil Engineering is a vast course that demands students to be hard-working in order to pursue their career as a Civil Engineer.
Many colleges in India offer Civil Engineering as Under-graduate and Postgraduate programmes. The Under-graduate or UG programme is called B.Tech in Civil Engineering, and Post-graduate or PG programme is called M.Tech in Civil Engineering.
Civil Engineering as a discipline of engineering course has got a lot of specializations that a student of civil engineering can choose from. The specializations in Civil Engineering are:
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Land Development Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
- Urban Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering
Every college or university sets an eligibility criterion for different courses, and students must fulfil all those criteria in order to be eligible to take admission or study the course. The eligibility criteria are set by universities and colleges to ensure that each student who has applied for a study has a proper understanding of the course curriculum. Different courses have a different set of eligibility criteria.
Similarly, if a student is planning to pursue a career in civil engineering, he/she must fulfil certain eligibility criteria and must have passed the entrance exam for civil engineers. The eligibility criteria and entrance exams for admission into the civil engineering course are as follows.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech in Civil Engineering
B.Tech in Civil Engineering is an undergraduate course, It is a four years full-time programme, and a student has to fulfil the following criteria to get an admission into the undergraduate engineering programme.
- A student must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized central or state board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- A student must have also appeared and passed in entrance exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, MHCET, BITSAT, KCET, SRMJEEE and other such entrance exams.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech in Civil Engineering
M.Tech in Civil Engineering is the Post-graduate programme for Civil Engineering. It is a two years full-time course. A student can take admission in M.Tech if he/she fulfils the following criteria.
- A student must have an undergraduate degree in B.Tech from a recognized college or university with an aggregate of 50%.
- The admission into M.Tech is done through a national entrance test known as GATE.
The main aim of every student is to get accomplished in life by getting a good job after the completion of an undergraduate or postgraduate programme. Similarly, every student of civil engineering is curious to know about job opportunities after the completion of B.Tech or M.Tech courses.
A career in Civil Engineering can be very challenging as it involves different elements such as construction, designing, leadership and management. A job in the field of civil engineering can be very rewarding if you have the required set of skills and knowledge. Civil Engineering jobs offer progression and show the opportunity to earn better than average salary if you have an interest in innovative and new designs.
Civil Engineers are mostly hired by Construction Firms, Defence Forces Development Boards and Municipal Development Authorities. A civil engineer works in both public and private sectors with companies that are engaged in the designing, construction and maintenance of roads, dams, bridges, canals, airports and many other complex structures.
Let’s have a look at the job profiles that a student of B.Tech is hired after the completion of graduation.
|JOB PROFILE||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY|
|Civil Engineer||The Civil Engineers are involved in the designing, construction, and maintenance of various structures such as roads, buildings, Dams etc.||The average annual salary of a civil engineer is 3-3.5 lakhs rupees.|
|Structural Engineers||The Structural Engineers are responsible for the planning, designing, construction and maintenance of the infrastructural projects such as Buildings, bridges, etc. They are also responsible for the alteration and extension of existing structures.||The average annual salary of a structural engineer is approximately 4-5 lakhs rupees for freshers.|
|Geotechnical Engineers||The primary work of Geotechnical Engineers is to create projects and find solutions to problems that are related to geology.||The average annual salary of a geotechnical engineer is around 3-4 lakhs rupees.|
|Site Engineers||The responsibility of a Site Engineer is to organize and manage the materials and manpower at a construction site. They work as a part of the site management team.||The average annual salary of a site engineer is around 2.5-3 lakhs rupees.|
|Construction Engineers||The Construction Engineers are mainly responsible for the planning, directing and supervising large construction projects. They lead the construction projects and ensure the smooth working and completion of the projects.||The average annual salary of a construction engineer is around 3.5-4 lakhs rupees.|
|Transportation Engineers||The Transportation Engineers are mainly responsible for the planning, construction and maintenance of the transportation system such as airports, railways, highways and so on.||The average annual salary of a transport engineer is approximately 4-5 lakhs rupees.|
|Environmental Engineers||The Environmental Engineers are mainly involved in managing environmental safety and pollution control projects such as an air pollution control system and water reclamation projects.||The average annual salary of an environmental engineer is around 4.5-5 lakhs rupees.|
|Water Resource Engineers||The Water Resource Engineers are responsible for the design and construction of various human water resources projects such as wells, springs and water treatment facilities.||The average annual salary of a water resource engineer is 6.5-7 lakhs rupees.|
Recruiters are those persons or companies that hire different professionals or freshers for various projects and works. The recruiters for Civil Engineers are mainly construction firms and other companies that are involved mainly in the planning, designing, construction and maintenance of different types of infrastructures.
There are certain well-established construction firms in India that hire civil engineers and offer a good average annual package. These firms undertake large construction projects and have gained popularity over the past years. Here, in this article, we have provided the list of top recruiters of Civil Engineers.
- Hindustan Construction Company
- TATA Consulting Engineers Ltd.
- L & T
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Jacobs Engineering
- Gammon India
- Sobha Developers Ltd.
- Maytas Infra Ltd.
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Company
- Punj Lloyd
- Skyline Builders
- MARG Limited
- Bridge and Roof Company
- Metro Tunneling Group
- Gannon Dunkerley & Company
1. Why Do I study B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
There are various reasons to study B.Tech in Civil Engineering and the opinion differs from student to student, but here we have listed some of the common reasons to study B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
- It is a Reputed Profession: Civil Engineering is the oldest division of engineering course, and a civil engineering profession is a very reputed profession. Any student with the required skills and knowledge can become successful in the field of civil engineering. The demand for a Civil Engineer is rising day by day.
- Offers Various Career Opportunities: After completion of the B.Tech programme a civil engineer can opt for various professions such as law, the management or one can also apply for competitive examinations to get employed as a government employee.
- High Annual Pay Package: The Average annual package of a B.Tech graduate is on a higher side in both public or private organizations.
2. List some Top colleges for Civil Engineering.
Many colleges offer B.Tech in Civil Engineering, and the existence of various colleges creates confusion in the minds of the students. They often get confused in choosing the best college. Here, in this article, we have provided the best Private and Public Colleges and Universities that offer B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
|NAME OF THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY||CITY|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)||Madras, Delhi, Bombay, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT)||Tiruchirappalli|
|Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)||Vellore|
|S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology||Chennai|
|Birla Institute of Technology||Ranchi|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT)||Bhubaneswar|
|Manipal Institute of Technology||Manipal|
3. What is the Career Scope after B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
A student after the completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering can opt for various career options such as:
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering: If a student wants to continue education in the field of civil engineering after completion of graduation he/she can opt for M.Tech in Civil Engineering, which is a two years full-time course and the eligibility criteria for which is B.Tech in Civil Engineering from a recognized college or University.
- MBA: A student of B.Tech in Civil engineering can also opt for a Masters in Business Administration or MBA as a career option.
- Competitive Examinations: A B.Tech graduate can also apply for various competitive exams so as to be employed in a government organization.
4. What are the skills required to become a successful Civil Engineer?
To become a successful Civil Engineer, a person or a student must have certain skills such as leadership skills, technical skills, communication skills. The person must also have creative thinking accompanied by problem-solving ability and critical thinking. In order to be successful in the field of civil engineering, a student must have good negotiating skills, attention to details, good time management and should always have a passion for learning new things.